Well, January is in the books and I'm glad to put it behind me. I lost my dear friend, Bonnie who had a massive stroke on Christmas and passed away January 23rd. I made a lofty list of goals for myself and missed most of them, but I did accomplish a few and feel good about that. I'm going to try to do as much of those missed items as I can today, so that I start February with some wins.
Among the goals I missed was getting the dining room cleared out. I did consolidate so we could have 1 game night this month, but I didn't actually relocate my vinyl machines or printer to my office like I know I need to do. I didn't get thru 1/3 of War and Peace... I listened to a few hours, but I'm still at the "beginning" of the massive book. My no-buy/low-buy had 4 fail days, where I bought organizing products and gardening supplies. The only craft items I've gotten were 2 acrylic tumblers and a pair of sweatpants to put vinyl on. I didn't write to my penpals once a week like I wanted. I had trouble with making my aunt's bowl cozies and gave up that day.
Now, for the stuff I actually did accomplish... I managed to keep up with all my planners. The most behind I got was recording the following morning instead of doing it the night of that day. I didn't buy anything frivolous. I only ate out when I was with my family, never alone. I recorded my gratitude every day. I got all my swatches done for my CYC course. I looked up the requirements to make Senior Tech at work and started marking off the ones I'm able to do so far. I went to the Bariatric doctor for a followup for the first time in 6 years and got back on vitamins to help my health. I saved my $25/paycheck.
Now, for my February goals ...
- Get the dining room cleared out
- Read War and Peace at least 3 days a week
- Work on the CYC course and complete at least 1 spiral pattern
- Stick to low-buy/no-buy
- Finish organizing sock yarn
- Participate in InCoWriMo
- Make Bowl Cozies for Aunt Sharon
- Make Bowl Cozies for Leslie
- Post a video to Youtube
- Finish my 2 pairs of socks that are in progress
- Sew PJ pants for Dan, Jo & Myself
- Reorganize fabric stash
- Keep up with planners
- Ski 2 more times this season
- Work on learning the Senior Tech skills
- Family game nights 2x this month
- Schedule sleep study and endoscopy appointments